Monday, April 11, 2011

Rough week

The past couple of weeks have been a little rough. Matt was home on Friday. He helped finish drywall in bathroom. We picked up a 12' x 10' awning, so Matt and I also installed that over the rear lower deck. Mainly where I move saws and stuff outside to cut wood. Used it on Sunday to paint a dresser that I am using for a vanity. As you know it got hot on Sunday and it worked great, providing great shade. Or if it rains I don't have to quick get every thing inside. On Sat I spent most of day in bed. That's just the way it seems to go. Had some wild turkeys show up down the valley yesterday and again today. 2 toms and a couple hens.
I go for treatment again tomorrow, Wed and Thursday. Start it all over again. Pray that it will be a better week.

6 comments:

  1. It's tough to read about your rough times, Bruce, but nothing compared to what you are going through. :-( Thanks for keeping us informed though.

    Good job on the drywall and awning installation. You seem to accomplish a lot, although I guess it seems slow to you. I'm looking to add a 4-season extension out the back of my house. And hopefully soon, so I can enjoy it this summer and fall. Mostly the work will NOT be done by me, but ... I haven't got ANY of it under way yet.

    Your comments on the wildlife are always welcome. :-) When it comes right down to it, actually we're all wild turkeys, right?

    Yes, I wish you a better treatment today, Wed and Thursday. Hang in there, Bruce.

    Hugs and love.

    aj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry your having a rough time of it Bruce. Your in my prayers.
    Sounds like your keeping as busy as you can, which is good. I am sure Matt loves the time with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bruce - I just got on here again and it does sadden us to hear of your rough days but we are all so grateful that you are sharing. We all want to go through this with you in any way we can. Now it's 3 days of treatments? Hang in there, you seem to be doing all the right things and it's great that you are taking advantage of the good(er) :) days. As Audie says, you sure seem to be accomplishing a lot and its wonderful that Matt is available to help. Thinking of you always, wild turkeys and all. :)

    Love
    Pat xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bruce,
    I hope you aren't too uncomfortable today. Maybe if you look at this gorgeous creature, it will ease the pain a bit. I was thinking of you when I snapped the photos:
    http://audities.smugmug.com/Animals/Ecomuseum/16627567_NKhTRm#1253141634_TfFjfcQ
    Actually, I'm not sure if it will work, but it is worth a try.
    We were at the ecomuseum today and saw this wild turkey tom. He was competing with Tom the whole time, and couldn't stop strutting and parading about. It was difficult to get a good shot because he was moving so much. Of course, he had the upper hand since Tom doesn't have the same lovely plumage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :-) Yes, and the audio, too, is strikingly similar at times.

    ReplyDelete