Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Aug, 10th

Audrey, you might not want to read this. Came in at 1:00, that's when 22 hrs is up and Bob should be empty. He's not, but still have to have him removed. Hooked line up and they flush with saline. Before they do that, they backflush to get blood in the line. Not there today. Tried to do a fast drip to see if that works. Nope. As it is going I get a sharp pain in my shoulder, where the line goes in the vein to my heart. Called Jared over and he turned it off and called the doctor. He said to put in as an IV and they'll remove the pic line. So I now have an IV in left arm. So tomorrow after I have Bob removed again, I will be totally free of anything for a 2 weeks. The they will do an IV again. I'll be able to get some sun on rt arm and grow some hair where it keeps getting pulled out changing dressing. I'll be in here for a couple hours. That's it for now.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! That's quite a procedure. And I guess you understand all the why's and where's? At least it must make more "sense" to you than to us.

    You and Bob have come a long way. Will you at least write? Or send a postcard once in awhile?

    That arm will be very hairy once it is given a chance to grow! Will you have to start shaving it? It may interfere with your guitar picking.

    BTW, I like the background of your blog page. You changed it a few weeks ago and I love it. It shows a room I could sit in and read.

    Later, Bruce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, Bruce, did you get in today? And now have the I.V. to contend with for a few days? Until Thursday, I think.
    If you got in, I guess you have a few days before you get the draggy feeling. And you'll be up and about and cutting the rest of the grass,... and doing all kinds of things.
    Let me know how it went.

    hugs again and thanks for the phone call on my birthday. That was such a wonderful surprise for me.

    ciao for now.
    aj

    ReplyDelete