Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Loooonggg day!

Started 4th round on Tuesday. Left here at 9:15am, didn't get in a chair (actually a bed) until 1:00pm. Bed was empty, kind of a more private area, so sure. I went for it. I listen to music and play air guitar, so maybe it was best for all! I even tend to quietly sing along. Being isolated a bit was a good thing. Did't get home until 5:40 and had to get to pharmacy for prescriptions before 6:00. It all worked out. Thanks Stephanie for quick e-mail, it's always encouraging to hear from you. Have a great cruise, by the way. It's getting closer!
Been working on my E chords, B7's and C's. Haven't built up calluses yet, but fingers are getting a little more used to the strings. Mary Beth picked up some guitar pics for me while she put in 7 hours in Sarnia. It was even a longer day for her. She also got towel bars, taps etc. for basement bath. Just need a light fixture and the rest is up to me. Family Discount in Petrolia has what she would like, hoping it is still there.
Had some deer  feed left over so have been feeding the squirrels with it, haven't seen deer for over 3 weeks. I put it out on an old chair that holds plants in the summer. Next post will be pictures of what ate the "deer" feed. I'll also post a picture of the guitar I picked up, nothing fancy,but will get me started. Thanks for all yours prayers, I'll be back in today for a few hours (no more then 3, I hope) and tomorrow to get the pump off, hopefully only 30-40 minutes. Lat week was really tiring, it was Sun. Mon. before I was up to doing anything. Although I did spend some time on guitar! Gary Fournie was around for an encouraging visit and very uplifting prayer time. Dan and Heather Raymond were over on Sunday  as well as Aleana and Noah, who were here for lunch. Great to see everyone.

6 comments:

  1. Wow--it's great to read that you are into the guitar already. Did Mary Beth have to pick up some earplugs too? Just joking. I'm sure even learning sounds on a guitar are pleasant. Not like the violin. :-)
    Re the guitar, yes, "fancy" is over-rated. Who needs that? It's the maestro on the chair that puts the soul into the music right?

    Love and hugs to you all, Bruce.

    Cheers.
    xoxox
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of yourself! Sounds like you have a lot of projects on the go to keep you busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bruce! I'm new to gmail so now I can comment too. How great that you are learning guitar, what's with you "older" guys wanting to do this? I love it! Yes, Jacob is an inspiration to all, and Gerry ........ perhaps Bill will follow his inclination to learn as well. It's a wonderful past time and you will probably impress yourself in no time with what you can learn. Keep the words flowing, Bruce, and soon you can put them to your own music! :)

    Love to both of you,

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bruce, Spring is indeed 'almost here' I think it will be great because we are anticipating it even more this year. What is the next step? The pump came off, now what? I hope the chairs when you do get one - are comfortable at the oncology unit. My sorority chapter raised money and purchased a new chair for the oncology unit here in St Catharines. It was a top of the line very comfortable one and I hope you get to sit in one like that occasionally.... Keep strong. Prayers, love and a big hug to you and Mary Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sent a pic of the chair to your email.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The chair looks great. Being a brand new hospital in Sarnia, all chairs are new and I usually get a chair, but if they are full they put someone in a bed. There are I think 16 stations, including 3 beds. The chairs also have heat and massage, but I haven't needed that option. It was a great idea to donate a chair, I'm sure it will be well appreciated.

    ReplyDelete