Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday!

Well, Sat & Sun were pretty rough. Tired, weak just blah... Better now. Did a little work in basement, burnt some left over wood pieces in the outdoor fireplace. Plumber is done for now, so I can set up shower, do drywalling etc. Coming along. Sorry about Sat post, just ran out of energy. What I wrote took 40 minutes! More energy now. Alaena and Noah are coming for supper, always great to see them and how much Noah is progressing between visits. I started last time about time to ponder. Mostly about things that we would like to do, but I know will not happen. Not because of current situations, but just general. Like going to Australia or New Zealand. It would be great, but certainly not borrowing money to do it. Other things to spend it on. Things that I've wanted to do that won't cost a lot is what I'm looking at. Might be crazy, but I want to learn to play the guitar! I know, crazy. It'll give me something to concentrate on, besides the "C" word. Oh and the basement. Need a break from that once and awhile! Thanks for all your comments, Sarah it's always nice to hear from you. That's it for now.

2 comments:

  1. Bruce, every time you post I will be reading and saying a little prayer. I think learning to play guitar is a amazing idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow, Bruce, great idea! I would love to see/hear you play--even just picking. You are a sort-of Eric Clapton/Neil Young kind of guy. And if you want some inspiration, check out Tommy Emmanuelle here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lbvSBNLLoo and here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ROdVhMOcRc&feature=related and here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZn21xbQcvY&feature=related and here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM_NrmDYi1U&feature=related
    There are lots of others too. and besides, Tommy is Australian so you can kill two birds with one stone. And,... New Zealand, well they have earthquakes there. So stay home and play for us. I will be one of your biggest fans.
    And for more inspiration see Jacob White. What a fine young talent he is. He took inspiration/lessons? from his grandfather Fred, and he definitely has the touch. I'm sure he will be happy to share ideas, suggestions. He is a charming ham.

    Bottom line---fantastic idea! Go for it.

    Big hug, Aj

    ReplyDelete