Tuesday, February 15, 2011

First Treatment

Nothing like getting royal treatment! We arrived at 9:20 and was into a chair by 10:10. Not bad from what I heard sitting in waiting room. A lot of procedure was explained to Mary Beth and I regarding stuff that was going to be pumped into my body. Everything from a anti nausea, to calcium, a saline flush and the actual cancer drug fo-fox 5 ( at least that is what the acronym sounded like and not sure of spelling. I will try to find that out.) I was on the IV push for 2 1/2 hours. That was about 4 different bags of various sizes hooked to the IV machine thingy. Took MB's E-reader which kept me entertained. ( reading an Edgar Rice Burroughs book) Mary Beth went down to atrium for an hour or so, much more comfortable for her. Oh the royal treatment, thought I forgot, didn't you? Volunteers constantly asking if you need anything. A drink, cheese, crackers or a blanket. They even provided lunch! It was like being on a cruise. I'd rather be on a cruise :( Anyway, when the bags were all empty, I had a small bag hooked to PIC line with more fo-fox 5, which works like a suction, it just gets pulled in. Not very big, just about the size of a small water bottle. It should be empty in 22 hours. So we go back in Thurs before noon. If it is empty before, we can go in earlier, but no later. Thanks for all your prayers. If you feel like it, please leave a comment. I love hearing from everyone! Don't you love the pictures of Noah, what a sweetheart!

1 comment:

  1. I love that your sharing your story on this blog Bruce. I pray for you and the family every day. I know you can combat this!

    ReplyDelete