Sunday, February 13, 2011

Oncologist

Feb 10th, we met with the Oncologist. His comment was he thought it was more a bowel cancer that spread to the appendix, rather then the other way around, which the surgeon thought. He was requesting another test on the tumor to confirm which type it was. Because cancer of the appendix is so rare, was one reason he was convinced it was bowel cancer. He briefly went over procedures. On Monday he wants to put in a pick line. Essentially an IV from my arm, up the blood vessel to my heart, where the chemo solution will be distributed. Sounds lovely! Blood tests, EKG etc will be done on this first visit as well, to have a baseline to compare. As far as I can tell, I will be back on Tuesday for my first treatment. I will know more of schedules from here on at this point. That is as much as I know right now, but will post through it all. Now the cool part!
Mary Beth requested the elders from our church pray for us. It was a real uplifting and encouraging time. The cancer does not have a chance!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Bro! I'll keep an eye on your progress here. Big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richard and I are remembering you and MB daily in fervent prayer! Jesus said "Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe you have received it and it will be yours." (Mark 11:24) So, we are believing for your healing too...I don't recall anywhere in the bible where someone came to Jesus for healing and he DIDN'T heal them!!! If you are looking for some encouraging teaching, listen to this preacher...Richard and I found his teaching profound!: http://www.awmi.net/extra/article/wants_well
    http://www.awmi.net/tv/2010/week14

    ReplyDelete